Come celebrate a summer of love with us! Kids, teens & adults can earn prizes and raffle entries this summer just for reading. Our annual Summer Reading Club starts June 10 and runs through August 5. It'll be a groovy good time!
Summer Reading Club FAQs
Who can participate?
- Anyone can participate in Summer Reading Club! We encourage kids, teens & adults to spend the summer reading.
Do I have to be a resident of Richwood/Union County?
- No, you do not need to live in Richwood or Union County to participate in Summer Reading Club.
How many hours do I have to read?
- Each reading tracker equals 12 hours of reading.
Do I have to read in the library?
- No, you can read anywhere!
What do I have to read?
- All materials count towards your reading goals. This includes books, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, etc. You do not have to read Richwood Library materials, but we can help find the perfect books for you!
Does reading to/with my child count?
- Reading to or with your child is strongly encouraged and counts toward each of your reading trackers!
Can I only complete one Reading Tracker?
- No, you can complete as many reading trackers as you'd like. Each additional completed reading tracker earns you another raffle entry.
What are this year's prizes?
- This year, each participant will get a small prize at the 6-hour halfway mark. Bring in your reading tracker to redeem your 6-hour prize. When you finish your reading tracker (all 12 hours), return it to the library to enter a raffle to win one of the following prizes:
- Creative Arts Basket
- Lego Sets
- New Kids Books
- iPad Mini
- Instax Camera Bundle
- Pizza Party Basket
- New Teen Books
- Coffee Basket
- Richwood Area Gift Card Tree
- Explore Ohio Bundle
- New Adult Books
- PlayStation 5