Who Are the Friends of the Library?
The Friends of the Richwood-North Union Public Library is a volunteer organization established since 1975 and dedicated to supporting the library and its relationship with the Richwood community. Since COVID-19, the Friends group was temporarily disbanded. However, efforts are currently underway to revive the organization.
What Do the Friends Do?
In general, most Friends groups work to achieve the following goals:
- Advocate for the library at the local level for increased financial support by the community.
- Encourage gifts.
- Raise money or pass bond issues for building and other capital projects.
- Provide volunteer services to the library.
- Increase community awareness about the library.
Join the Friends of the Richwood-North Union Public Library
- Members will get half off all materials at the Friends of the Library Book Fair in September as well as priority access before the general public.
- Your contribution will benefit not only the library but the community as well.
- You will receive advance notice of upcoming Friends events.
As a Friend, your membership dues enable special library programs to continue and expand. 501(c)(3) status will be attained once enough members are interested. In which case, dues will be established and will become tax deductible.
If interested in helping us reform the Friends of the Library group, please contact the library staff liaison, Andrea Graham, at (740) 943-3054, option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.